Marine Life Studies Wish List
There are many types of equipment needed to support our Research Scientist, Ocean Literacy Education and Whale Rescue Programs. Here is our current Wish List. You could purchase an item on the wish list or donate funds and let us know which item you want to fund.
- Funds for fuel - Whale Rescue is Costly!
- 2 - 15.4" MacBook Pro laptop computers with 2 TB SSD storage, 64 GB DDR4 memory, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 8GB of GDDR6 memory, 4 TB SSD storage ($4,000 each)
- Dual station GPS Plotter/Radar/Sonar/Auto Pilot with XHD Radar Dome and Transducer with installation, new antennae's, etc. on an arch. Our current setup is from 2005, with old technology! We only need to raise $10,000 more, so please donate!
- Cover for the 4.2 WING that works with the new davit system ($2,600)
- 4 – LaCie Rugged RAID Thunderbolt & USB3.0 Mobile Hard Drive 4 TB ($260 each)
- Professional grade 4K and 1080P Digital Video Recorder ($3,000)
- Argos Goniometer - Argos-specific tool to get real-time GPS location for the satellite tag on entangled whale ($10,000)
- Personal Protective Equipment for crew: 10 Mustang floatation suits ($420 each), 12 ACR Relink personal locator beacons ($290 each), 15 Gumby immersion survival suits ($320 each), and more.
- 2 - Adobe Creative Cloud App Package includes Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc. ($359.88 per year each)
If you have used computer, camera, video equipment, etc. that you want to donate as In-Kind that would be wonderful as well. Please contact us at 831-901-3833.
From November 12, 2020 to December 31, 2020 your donation will go further through MC Gives. We receive your full donation plus a percentage match. Click here to donate to WET® through MC Gives!
Click here to donate directly to Marine Life Studies!
or send check to Marine Life Studies' WET, PO Box 163, Moss Landing, CA 95039
Please contact us for full list.