Your continued support is vital to our research, education outreach programs and conservation efforts. Your contribution is the catalyst that makes a difference. We need your support now more than ever.
Immediate funds needed for Whale Entanglement Team (WET)®
to fund our Whale Rescue Research Vessel and equipment
needed for whale disentanglement responses.
if you would rather donate by check, make it out to Marine Life Studies and mail to:
P.O. Box 163, Moss Landing, CA 95039
Donations are 100% tax deductible within the scope of current IRS polices for 501(c)3 organizations.
How you can support Marine Life Studies
- Make a tax-deductible donation today
- Host a Marine Life Studies Fundraiser
- You can now donate stocks - contact us at 831.901.3833
- Donate item from our wish list
- All personnel involved with Marine Life Studies serve as volunteers; we have no paid employees. To this end, all donations are applied directly to the fulfillment of our research, education and conservation mission.
- Marine Life Studies is a registered non-profit organization with 501C(3) status dedicated to research, education and conservation.
- Your support through gifts and donations is essential for the successful accomplishment of Marine Life Studies' Mission statement. Every dollar is important. Please donate whatever you can. Over 90% of all donations go directly to our research, education and conservation projects.
- Your gifts and donations are 100% tax deductible within the scope of current IRS polices for 501(c)3 organizations.
P. O. Box 163
Moss Landing, CA 95039
Please make checks payable to: Marine Life Studies
Download a brochure PDF here.
All personnel involved with Marine Life Studies serve as volunteers; we have no paid employees. To this end, all donations are applied directly to the fulfillment of our research, education and conservation mission. Over 90% of all donations go directly to our research, education and conservation projects.
Please contact us if you are interested in donating your time as a Marine Life Studies Ocean Steward volunteer!
We are educating and inspiring a new generation of environmental stewards. We invite you to be a part of this exciting work!
Marine Life Studies provides free educational programs to children and adults through specific programs and at public events including Whalefest, BLUE Ocean Film Festival, etc. to increase awareness and foster environmental stewardship.
We teach high school and college students research techniques as part of our Research Scientist Program during boat surveys on the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary. They learn to document whale and dolphin behavior, collect marine debris and take water samples for the California Health Department.
Marine Life Studies is an integral part of the Whale Entanglement Team (WET)® tasked with responding to and disentangling whales entangled in fishing line and marine debris.
We developed specialized educational programs for children at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Monterey County, both the Seaside and Salinas units, to promote environmental stewardship. The programs include Whale & Marine Wildlife Adventure (which includes taking the children whale watching), Pollutions Solutions and Take it to the Streets™ Community Cleanup.
Throughout the Monterey Peninsula we organize Take it to the Streets™ Community Cleanups to work on the source of pollution by picking up trash at local malls, schools, parks, etc., thus eliminating marine pollution before it can reach our lakes and oceans through storm drains and local watersheds.
Give A Gift That Gives! To donate in someone's honor or memory:
- Fill out our form first if you would like to make your donation in the name or memory of someone else and we will mail a beautiful note card to notify the recipient of your thoughtful donation ($20.00 minimum).