Fundraising Garage Sale
September 25, 2008 by Peggy Stap
To help raise much needed money for the Marine Life Studies (MLS) project we had a fundraising garage sale Sept 2nd & 3rd. We had lots of shoppers. Thank you for your support. I especially want to thank all the wonderful people who donated items for the garage sale. The outpouring from the community was heartwarming.
On September 9th and 10th Marine Life Studies (MLS) participated in Whale Fest on Fisherman’s Wharf. This was a good way for us to let the community know what Marine Life Studies is all about. We held a raffle to help raise funds. Bob Talbot and Patagonia donated items for the raffle, which was great and very generous of them. We also raffled off a couple items for Earthrace and that money went to their cause. List of winners:
1) Carrie Pitkin - Roseville, CA [Talbot poster]
2) Kim Woltman - Monterey, CA [Talbot poster]
3) Brent Williamson - Marina, CA [Talbot poster]
4) Tiffany Thomas - Lahaina, Maui [Earthrace poster]
5) Benji Shake (not sure what city he lives in) [green fleece Patagonia jacket]
6) Dana Riley - Carmel, CA [Green Patagonia Vest]
7) Deborah Ferreira - Tracy, CA [Talbot poster]
8) Holly Widener - Seaside, CA [Green flowered Patagonia fleece pullover]
9) Peter Bruno – Monterey, CA [Talbot video]
10) Greg Wiese - Citrus Heights, CA [Earthrace video]
A big thanks to the community who attended Whale Fest and to the MLS volunteers who worked the booth.